Sunday, February 19, 2012

Basil, Walnut and Kale Pesto

Pretty Kale
 I saw this recipe on Pinterest and it looked so fresh I just had to try it.  I can't wait to make it when I have fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden.  But with organic veggies from the store, it turned out delicious.

I'm going to write the recipe the way that I made it, which wasn't much different.  This recipe was very simple to make and even the kids loved it.

12 ounce pack of Veggie Mac spirals
10 dorot crushed garlic cubes (I didn't have enough fresh garlic on hand)
1 cup fresh basil (I wish I had the 2 it called for, but it was still good with 1 cup)
2 cups fresh kale
3/4 cups raw walnuts
1 onion diced
1 tbsp olive oil
2/3 cup water
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 bunch of asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved

Cook your noodles according to package directions.  While noodles are cooking in a large skillet cook onion, kale, basil, 8 garlic cubes, and walnuts.  Stir frequently and cook until the greens are just starting to wilt.  When done, add mixture to food processor.  Add the asparagus and rest of the garlic to the skillet and heat the asparagus for 5 or so minutes.  While the asparagus is cooking add water, salt and nutritional yeast to food processor and blend until mixture is smooth.  Once asparagus and the pasta is finished, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and serve.

I love that you can see the steam coming of the top - this is one recipe you should definitely try



No comments:

Post a Comment