Friday, March 9, 2012

Almond Milk Made Even Easier

I recently did a post on making homemade almond milk.  I found out an easier way to strain the pulp and I thought I'd share.

   I was trying to figure out if it was really worth it do make my own almond milk.  I saved by just buying the almonds but then I had to buy cheesecloth, which you can really reuse and it's not exactly cheap.  So I googled cheesecloth alternatives and clicked on this link.  What a genius idea!  So I went out and bought some Gerber burp cloths and it worked perfectly.  It also helped that I strained it into my larger pyrex measuring cup with a wide opening.  I saved my pulp again and will try out a new recipe, I'm just not sure what I would like to use it for yet.

Just an FYI - I prefer making it with the 1 cup soaked almonds:4 cups water ratio.  I make 2 batches and add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of vanilla to one of the batches.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. I checked yours out, and I think you have some great recipes! That guacamole pasta sounds fantastic! And, thanks for the tip on the burp cloths.

    ReplyDelete