Thursday, March 8, 2012

Guacamole Pasta

 Here's my recipe for Guacamole Pasta - which I had posted a previous picture of, but no recipe.  I've been trying to post a comment of what it was, but my blogger's been asking screwy and I haven't been able to post anything.  Well here it is.  Generally a concept, I'm not sure if I'm convinced that the recipe is perfected as of yet.  Steve thought there was too much cilantro, but the kids and I loved it.  So if you do not like cilantro, substitute it with parsley.  Steve has decided that he just does not like cilantro.  Also, this recipe is for 16 oz of pasta, but next time I probably won't make that much, probably half the recipe (halving everything except maybe the garlic, green onions and tomatoes).  This did reheat very well in the microwave the next day.


Guacamole Pasta

16 oz. whole wheat pasta
2 avocados
3/4 cup thick cashew cream
1 lemon freshly juiced
3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup fresh cilantro (or parsley)
1/2 tsp pepper
2+1/4 tsp salt
5 stalks of green onions - diced
8 oz. grape tomatoes - sliced in half

Cook pasta according to package.  Blend avocados, cashew cream, lemon, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper in vitamix or food processor.  Put everything in one serving pot, mix, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment