Saturday, March 24, 2012

Homemade Almond Butter

I'm going to be posting some blog entries about food, from my family  blog.  So you may have already seen some of the upcoming posts :)

Putting my wonderful food processor to work, to make some almond butter.  

I love my food processor and found out recently that I could easily make nut butters by just putting the nuts in and letting the processor run for about 15-25 minutes.  Stopping it periodically to scrape the nuts off the sides.

There are many stage that the nuts go through before they are finished

I added about 1 and 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil and 1-2 tablespoons of flaxseeds and gave it a whirl.  At this point I made sandwiches for the kids.

Stevie liked it so much he asked for another (that's homemade peach jam too). 

Gees....I'm becoming quite the homemaker!

No comments:

Post a Comment