Saturday, March 24, 2012

What's For Dinner?

I made this for dinner tonight, Vegan Cream of Broccoli soup.  It was so good!  I also made Mushroom Paninis.  The kids gobbled up the sandwiches and Steve gobbled up the soup.  I usually make the sandwiches once a week and they are a big hit.  I just clean and slice large portabella mushroom caps in thick slices and brush them with a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasonings.  Then I bake them at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  Spread some artisan bread with olive tampenade, put some baby spinach on the sandwich, coat the outsides of the bread slices with olive oil and cook on the panini press.  So Delicious!

Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup

Mushroom panini


2 Satisfied Customers!

I thought that changing our diets so drastically might be hard, but I feel like we are eating more gourmet meals and they are so easy to make.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it's so great that your little ones are not picky. My youngest (5 years old) is very picky, so I'm constantly trying to find ways to make healthy food appealing to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized there was a comment on this! Shows how savvy I am with blogger :) I am very lucky with my little ones, they have taken to our dietary changes wonderfully. Although, every dinner my son sits down and says in a snotty voice "I'm not eating that!". Then we get him to take a bite, he tells us he likes it and gobbles it up.

      Delete