Saturday, July 28, 2012

Stinky Farmer Deodorant


Product Review:  Stinky Farmer all natural deodorant from HillBunker Farms.

I bought this on Thursday and here it is, only Saturday, and I couldn't wait to write this review!  This stuff actually works!

As with most people I grew up using regular deodorant that you buy at the store.  I started using Secret and the changed to Dove when they started making deodorant.  You know how it is, you still smell after a hard day of work, but it's masked by a powerful scent.  One of my good friends had told me, within the past year, that the chemicals in deodorant have been known to cause breast cancer.  Since I've been changing a lot of other things in my daily intake, I figured maybe I should look into changing my deodorant.  So I switched to Tom's of Maine deodorant crystal.  It works ok, but it definitely doesn't hold up after one of those hard working, sweaty days.  And I would usually wake up with an odor.....

The past 2 days I've been waking up odor free!  I can't believe it!  I also checked my hubby's pitts when he came home from work yesterday and guess what.....odor free!  Thanks to HillBunker Farms Stinky Farmer Deodorant.  I just mowed the lawn and my pitts seriously have NO ODOR!  It's 100% natural and only has 4 ingredients.  

I was lucky enough to meet them at the Elgin Harvest Market and will definitely have to stock up, but you can order some through their website hillbunkerfarms.com.  If you actually get down to the Elgin Harvest Market, they even brought 2 of their sheep.  You can pet them and give them some sheep feed.  And if you ask Mr. Stinky Farmer will even let you smell his pitts.

***Why is regular deodorant so bad?***
They also gave out a pamphlet about the different chemicals that are found in every day deodorant.  Here is a quick overview that will hopefully sell you on ditching the chemical laden stuff and switching to something all natural.

~Aluminum~
This is the ingredient that blocks the sweat glands (that doesn't sound too healthy).  There has been a recognizable link between Alzheimer's and aluminum.  Aluminum has been found in breast tissue, with a higher content in the outer breast where deodorant is applied.  

~Parabens~
An artificial preservative that mimics the activity of estrogen.  In a study in 2004, 18 out of 20 human breast tumor samples contained parabens.

~Propylene Glycol~
A neurotoxin that is known to cause contact dermatitis, also liver and kidney damage.

~Triethanolamine and Diethanolamine~
Both are restricted in Europe (I hate when I see that) because of their known carcinogenic effects.  Oh and it also causes contact dermatitis and liver and kidney damage.

~Triclosan~
An artificial antimicrobial agent used to kill bacteria. Recent research suggest it may disrupt thyroid function.  (Also found in antibacterial soaps)  

~Talc (hydrous magnesium silicate)~
Classified as a carcinogen because it contains asbestiform fibers.

At the end of the pamphlet is something wonderful I would like to share and hope they don't mind as it will be written verbatim.

Please never assume just because a product is on the store shelf it is safe.  Educate yourself to make an informed decision about the foods and products you allow into your body.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, boy, I'm totally going to look into this! I stopped buying anti-perspirant months ago for the same reasons but stuck to just deodorant, including Tom's of Maine. I've been having mixed results. So, I'm excited to hear that something natural actually works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing! What's the point in using all those chemicals to stop normal bodily function, when you can use such a natural product that really brings about the same (if not better) results. We sweat, we're human, who cares? And if you can sweat and still smell good, then woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas and your knowledge is very creative. You have good defined the Artificial Grass, it has more benefit than natural grass. It is a viable and cost-effective alternative to managing a traditional lawn. I have been following your blog for a long time and I find many useful info for my web. Pls take a look at my web and let me know if we can help each other.

    artificial grass market place

    ReplyDelete