Monday, September 24, 2012

Vegan Butternut Squash Soup

I googled some butternut squash soup recipes and found one that I thought sounded great.  But after doing an update on my computer, I couldn't find it again.  I'm pretty sure this is very close.  All I know, is that it was delicious.  Although this is the first time not only making this kind of soup, but the first time ever tasting it.  I didn't write it down as I was cooking like I usually do,  but decided to write it down later.  Hopefully I didn't forget anything!


Butternut Squash Soup

1 large butternut squash
1 onion - Chopped
2 garlic cloves - Chopped
3 carrots - Sliced
4 cups vegetable stock
1 + 1/4 cups coconut milk
Salt and Pepper to taste

For the butternut squash I cooked it in the oven whole and baked it at 375 degrees for 50 minutes.  When finished take out of oven and let cool off.  Then in the soup pot I sauteed the onion and carrots in coconut oil.   After sauteing for a few minutes I added the garlic.  When everything is softened add vegetable stock, cube the squash and add that also.  Blend all that is in the soup pot in a food processor or high speed blender.  Add blended soup to soup pot, then add coconut milk and salt and pepper to taste.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment