Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Vegan Cashew Cheese Wontons - Crabless Rangoons

Yes that is a paper plate Haha!

We love crab rangoons.  But we don't live near any chinese takeout places and I try not to do dairy....so.....I thought vegan ones sounded like a delicious idea.  I saw a pinterest pin for some cashew cheese and the picture was just delicious looking.  Here is the link.  So I changed it up just a little to make a bigger batch, so I could make lots of yummies.  Or you could just use it as a veggie or chip dip.  I needed a bigger batch because it works better in my food processor.

Cashew Cheese Filling for Wontons
2 cups soaked raw cashews (soaked 24 hours and drained)
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (opt. garlic infused)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
salt to taste
garlic powder to taste
scallions to taste (6-8)
1 tbsp Almond milk (if you don't fill them right away and keep spread if fridge it may dry out a bit, this will help)
Once I also added a tub of Nuttin Ordinary Cream Cheese Spread to the homemade cashew cheese and it made them all the better.

Everything except the scallions go in the food processor and you mix until nice and smooth. Chop the scallions, add to mixture and mix with a spoon. Fill the wonton wraps you got from the store and then cook at 425 degrees for 13-15 minutes, or until the tops are browned.  You don't want to burn them....believe me lol!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment